OVERAL OBJECTIVE: Provide support to the strengthening of the system for antimoney laundering in the Republic of Moldova.
- to strengthen the OPFML´s mandate and operational capacities for prevention and fight against money laundering and terrorism financing;
- to strengthen the operational capacities of the national mechanism for fight against money laundering and terrorism financing including supervision, investigation and judgement;
- to improve the cooperation between OPFML and national and foreign partners including supervisory authorities and other law enforcement agencies in the field of combating money laundering and terrorism
- to improve the national legislation in this field in accordance with the EU standards and best practices.
The implementation of the activities will be guided by four essential principles:
- bringing high quality assistance through qualified and acknowledged experts;
- ensuring an extensive transfer of knowledge and expertise within the framework of support assistance, comparative analyses, discussions, interviews, training and study visits;
- developing mutually beneficial and efficient partnership between the experts from both countries;
- establishing conditions for the sustainability of the implemented activities by providing guidelines, recommendations, training materials, training modules (programmes), concepts, models.
Result 2: Development of OPFML analytical and operational capacities
Result 3: Development of a special data bases necessary for the enforcement aspects of the AML/CFT Law
Result 4: Development of the AML/CFT national supervision mechanism for banking,
non-banking and designated non-financial businesses and professions sectors
Result 5: Development of the investigation capacities of law enforcement agencies regarding ML/FT cases
Result 6: Improvement of the AML/CFT field in the justice system
Result 7: Improvement of the system for prevention of terrorism financing, including control of physical cross-border transportation of currency and bearer negotiable instruments
Financial Crime Investigation Service (Republic of Lithuania)
Public Prosecutor's Office of the Republic of Lithuania
- The Supreme Court of Lithuania (the Court)
- Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Poland (MoF)
- The University for Public Administration in Bremen (HfÖV)
- Central Project Management Agency (CPMA) (mandated body)
Publication notice reference: EuropeAid/159754/DD/ACT/MDMD 16 ENI JH 01 18 (MD/33)
Duration: 27.09.2018 - 12.06.2022
Legal Notice: The content of this website represents the views of the authors and is their sole responsibility. The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for use that may be made of the information it contains.