IMPACT and AMBITION:
The overall long-term goal of VR-DigiJust is to contribute to the effective and coherent application of specific EU cooperation tools at regional level. This will be achieved through intermediate steps that will have effects in the short and medium term.
Specifically, these will be:
- Definition of a training and research methodology for interdisciplinary training within the judicial sector,
using blended VR and online (synchronic and a-synchronic technologies) methods, which will be
available for the development of future trainings.
- Better data available on the use of EU judicial tools within a single investigation with interregional links
- Better data available on the relationship between judicial systems, technologies, and European legal
instruments (European Status Report).
- Definition of best practice models on the exploitation of opportunities generated by judicial instruments,
technologies, and their interplay (Regional DigiJust Vision Report).
- Development of a formalised structure (Network of Regional Judicial Training Centres’) which will design, test and validate different training infrastructures, e-Training Capsules and Pilot courses to support regional prosecutor offices and courts in understanding which mutual recognition instruments should be used, by which judiciary body, when, and in which jurisdiction during complex transnational judiciary activities involving the collection and sharing of digital data and evidence for transnational polycrime.
- Development of a more efficient technological system in place to support the work of the abovementioned
network of training centres.
- Availability of sustainable and innovative training programmes, with tailored curricula, that could be
delivered in future occasions.
- European practitioners trained on the use of EU cooperation tools and relevant technologies for
investigations with interregional links.
- Reduced gender disparity in judicial bodies and better access to training for women, which will be
achieved through the research, training and dissemination activities of the project, including,
disaggregated data collection, active recruitment of females for training and the targeting of female
practitioner associations and events through dissemination. The target group of the project is composed
by regional prosecutor offices and their staff, local tribunals of preliminary, first and second instance and
All the improvements provided by the project and mentioned above will be at their advantage.
- FONDAZIONE AGENFOR INTERNATIONAL (Italy)
- HOCHSCHULE FUR OFFENTLICHE VERWALTUNG - HFOV (Germany)
- CHAMBRE NATIONALE DES COMISSAIRES DE JUSTICE (France);
- EUROPEAN PUBLIC LAW ORGANIZATION (Greece)
- INSTITUT EUROPEAN DE L'EXPERTISE ET DE L'EXPERT (France)
- CHAMBRE NATIONALE DES HUISSIERS DE JUSTICE (Belgium)
- CORTE DI APPELLO DI VENEZIA (Italy)
- PROCURA DELLA REPUBLICA PRESO IL TRIBUNALE DI FIRENZE (Italy)
- PROCURA DELLA REPUBBLICA PRESSO IL TRIBUNALE DI RIMINI (Italy)
Project Number: 101046477
Duration: 36 month, Start: 01.11.2022
Legal Notice: The content of this website represents the views of the authors and is their sole responsibility. The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for use that may be made of the information it contains.