The FAIRNESS project aims to
- promote a balanced harmonization of the legal practices of the Member States (MS) in relation to the implementation of various EU directives (2016/343, 2016/800, 2016/1919, 2013/48 / EU) in the case a suspect or defendant is involved in crimes related to terrorism or radicalization;
- explore the coherence between the "spirit" and the forecasts of the "Stockholm roadmap" and the investigative and preventive practices (including the 2014/41 / EU directive and the Council framework decisions 2002/584 / JHA) which involve suspects or defendants for crimes related to terrorism in the pre-trial phase.
TYPE OF PEOPLE BENEFITING FROM THE PROJECT
- judges, courts, investigative judges, prosecutors and lawyers;
- members of the penitentiary police, prison staff and judges / surveillance courts;
- legal experts (criminologists, lawyers, etc.);
- NGOs and journalists;
- CoP legal experts;
- legal stakeholders.
- Better knowledge, legal harmonization;
- Strengthening of cooperation and exchange of best practices in relation to the rights of persons suspected or accused of offenses related to terrorism;
- Improving the cooperation of judicial authorities with NGOs, the media and professional organizations in the field of the rights of persons suspected or accused of crimes related to terrorism.
- FONDAZIONE AGENFOR INTERNATIONAL (Italy) - Coordinator;
- VRIJE UNIVERSITEIT BRUSSEL - VUB (Belgium);
- CENTER FOR THE STUDY OF DEMOCRACY (Bulgaria);
- HOCHSCHULE FUR OFFENTLICHE VERWALTUNG - HFOV (Germany);
- MINISTERO DELLA GIUSTIZIA - MoJ IT (Italy);
- STICHTING FOUNDATION ICPA OFFICE IN EUROPE - ICPA (Netherlands);
- QUALIFY JUST - IT SOLUTIONS AND CONSULTING LDA - IPS (Portugal);
Find more information on the project's website: www.fairnessproject.eu
Funding Scheme: JUST-JACC-AG-2018
Grant Agreement No: 847353
Duration: 34 month, Start: 01.06.2019
Legal Notice: The content of this website represents the views of the authors and is their sole responsibility. The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for use that may be made of the information it contains.